Friday, 5 April 2013

Disappointment

OUTCAST                                           Josephine Cox

This started like it could be a good story, the middle was interesting but the end left heaps of questions unanswered.  It was a really short story, managed to read in one day but there was so many ways the story could have gone

Did Emma ever see Marlow again?
Did Sal realise that the newborn girl she found was in fact her niece?
What happened when Emma got to Australia?
Did she finish her sentence?
Did she ever get back to England?
What happened to her uncle and aunt?
Did she ever find out how her mother died?
Did she ever find out that her uncle had something to do with her father's death?

I get the feeling it was part of a series but not sure if I would bother , I have a theory about part of the unanswered questions about her mother's death.  I suspect that her mother was having an affair with Marlow's father and that the uncle killed them both but that Marlow's mother got the blame.

I have never had so many questions after reading a book, I have been shocked at how they have ended or pleased if things went well in the end but never finished a book and thought well what happens next?


No comments:

Post a Comment